** See it in theaters, On Demand, Amazon Video, Netflix and iTunes August 19th
PARK CITY, UT– January 22, 2016 – “Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World” directed by the legendary Werner Herzog, premieres at the storied film festival on January 23rd. “Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World” explores the unstoppable digital transformation that’s sweeping the world as we know it, through the unique lens of Werner Herzog. The film examines the power and fragility of our connected world, featuring leaders at the forefront of technology, including luminaries such as Elon Musk and Sebastian Thrun, among others.
The film is presented by systems security leader, NETSCOUT, who named Pereira & O’Dell New York to Agency of Record in early 2015. The agency has been working on a variety of initiatives including developing Netscout's brand platform, Guardians of the Connected World, of which the documentary is a key launching pad for.
“What started out as interviewing a handful of subjects about the state of connectivity, quickly turned into a cornucopia of footage that was destined to become something much bigger,” said Herzog. “The project took a life of its own, and size, and substance, and everything pointed to the direction of a feature length documentary.” Herzog said he knew they “were on the right track to making a powerful and extraordinary film.” He added, “this partnership with NETSCOUT has the potential to heighten our understanding of the connected world and its impact on our future.”
“As storytellers, we set out to interconnect the truths of a pervasive brand such as Netscout with the collective psyche of popular culture,” said Dave Arnold, Executive Creative Director at Pereira & O’Dell. “This film will bring a mass audience to a deeper understanding of the health, capacity and security of our digital infrastructure.”
The documentary premiere of Lo & Behold is Saturday, January 23rd at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. More information can be found at http://www.sundance.org/projects/lo-and-behold-reveries-of-the-connected-world
“As technology changes the world, more and more companies must adopt digital transformation strategies,” said Anil Singhal Chairman, President, and Chief executive officer of NETSCOUT, a market leader in service assurance and cyber security. “Those that do not, will be replaced. We provide the real time information platform required to help our customers navigate this challenging and complex road.” Singhal believes NETSCOUT is uniquely equipped to help businesses evolve and innovate with digital transformation best practices. “This film is a wakeup call to the world on how incredibly powerful and fragile connectivity is, and Werner has done an extraordinary job bringing the message to life,” said Singhal.
Written & Directed by Werner Herzog
A Saville Production
In association with Pereira & O’Dell Entertainment
In association with Skellig Rock
Director - Werner Herzog
Executive Producers - David Moore, Jim McNeil (Netscout), Dave Arnold (Pereira & O'Dell) Tennille Teague (Pereira & O'Dell)
Producers- Werner Herzog, Rupert Maconick
Editor- Marco Capalbo
Composer- Mark Degli Anotoni
Director Of Photography- Peter Zeitlinger
About NETSCOUT SYSTEMS, INC.
NETSCOUT SYSTEMS, INC. (NASDAQ: NTCT) is a market leader in real-time service assurance and cybersecurity solutions for today’s most demanding service provider, enterprise and government networks. NETSCOUT’s Adaptive Service Intelligence (ASI) technology continuously monitors the service delivery environment to identify performance issues and provides insight into network-based security threats, helping teams to quickly resolve issues that can cause business disruptions or impact user experience. NETSCOUT delivers unmatched service visibility and protects the digital infrastructure that supports our connected world. To learn more, visit www.netscout.com
ABOUT PEREIRA & O’DELL
Pereira & O’Dell (www.pereiraodell.com) is an international award-winning advertising agency with offices in SF, NY, and Brazil, that combines techniques from traditional advertising, digital, PR and design to create innovative campaigns, programs, and products that are in sync with how consumers behave today. In January 2014, the agency was named Standout Agency of the Year by Advertising Age, and recently named by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in advertising. Among the Pereira & O’Dell client roster are Intel, Fox Sports 1, Timberland, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Realtor.com, Hyatt, Qdoba, Fiat, Blue Apron, Henkel North America, Museum of Natural History and Netscout.
# # #
For more information please contact:
Molly Parsley, Pereira & O’Dell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2016 Sundance Film Festival - Official Selection 2016
- D&AD Yellow Pencil: Entertainment (Non-Fiction) 2016
- Shots Awards 2016 Branded Entertainment Project of the Year 2016
- Creativity Best of 2016: #4 - 'Lo & Behold' 2016
- Adweek Arc Award: Best Use of Long-Form Nonfiction 2017
- Esquire: 10 Best Documentaries of 2016 2016
- Creativity Awards: Finalist - Best Content Marketing 2017
- [WIRED] The 25 Movies We’re Most Excited to See at Sundance
- [Engadget] Werner Herzog AI documentary to debut at Sundance
- [Mashable] Sundance: Werner Herzog's 'Lo and Behold' plumbs the Internet's impact
- [/Film] ‘Lo and Behold’ Trailer: Werner Herzog’s Doc Explores Artificial Intelligence and the Future
- [Uproxx] ‘Lo And Behold, Reveries Of The Connected World’ Has Werner Herzog Find Who’s Protecting The Internet
- [Deadline] ‘Lo And Behold: Reveries Of The Connected World’ Trailer: Werner Herzog’s Look At Our Technological Society
- Sundance Film Review: ‘Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World’
- [Popular Science] Werner Herzog's New Documentary Is About Ai And Robots, Looks Incredible
- [The Guardian] FILM REVIEW: Lo and Behold
- [Fast Company] How a brand and ad agency made Werner Herzog's new hit Sundance doc possible
- [Techcrunch] With Lo And Behold, Werner Herzog Offers Up A Humanist History Of The Internet
- [MovieMaker] Three Things Werner Herzog’s Lo and Behold Can Teach Moviemakers About Changing Technologies
- [New Yorker] Werner Herzog's Internet Visionaries
- [Shots] Q&A with Shots Award-Winning ECD, Dave Arnold, on 'Lo & Behold'
Lo & Behold
Anil Singhal, Jim McNiel, Werner Herzog, and Michael Szabados attend the 'Lo And Behold, Reveries Of The Connected World' Premiere during the 2016 Sundance Film Festival at The Marc Theatre on January 23, 2016 in Park City, Utah
Lo & Behold: Cinema Trailer
"The Guardians Guild" on LinkedIn